Monday, January 30, 2012

12 weeks

 January 24 - 30, 2012



How far along? 12 weeks


How are you measuring? 12 weeks

Size of baby? According to Baby Bump, the baby is 2.1 inches, the size of a plum, and weighs .49 ounces.

Heartbeat? 164 at the doctor’s appointment on January 23.

Total weight gain/loss? 0 so far. I am sure that is getting ready to change!

Maternity clothes? I’m not wearing maternity clothes yet, but I have been able to buy some things on clearance. Hopefully I’ll be prepared when my clothes (especially pants) no longer fit.

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? I’ve been getting pretty good sleep. I am still waking up 2-3 times to use the restroom, but I attribute that to being really thirsty at night. I know the main reason I keep having to get up in the middle of the night is because of all the water I am drinking before bed! I was pretty sleepy this weekend and was pretty lazy. I took a nap on Saturday and Sunday after staying in bed most of the morning.

Best moment this week? The best moment for me this week was sleeping in Saturday morning. I really didn’t sleep in like what I use to, but I definitely stayed in bed most of the morning. It was just what I needed after a busy and long work week.

Movement? Not yet, I am patiently waiting.

Food cravings? I am really craving sweet stuff, but again this is not the out of the norm for me! I made the mistake of going grocery shopping by myself when I hadn’t had supper yet. I walked out with quite a variety of sweet stuff. Barrett was cracking up when he was helping me unload the groceries.

Gender predictions? Take a look at my blog post about my doctor’s appointment. The ultrasound tech was pretty certain our little one was a boy. I realize it is way too early to truly be certain of the sex this early, but we would definitely not mind adding a little man to our family. I keep telling Barrett not to get his hopes up, but I think it’s too late. He fully believes it’s a boy now!

What I miss: I haven’t really missed anything this week. This really has nothing to do with my pregnancy, but I have been missing our families. I’m hoping we will be seeing them pretty soon.

What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to my next doctor’s appointment on February 17th. I won’t be having an ultrasound, but we should be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler.

How are you feeling? I have been feeling good. I have had a couple nights during the week where I haven’t felt very good in the evening until I go to bed. Usually when I wake up in the morning I feel better.

Symptoms? Still no major symptoms. I am having some of the minor symptoms, but nothing major.


No comments:

Post a Comment