Monday, February 6, 2012

13 Weeks

January 31 - February 6, 2012

How far along? 13 weeks

How are you measuring? 13 weeks

Size of baby? According to Baby Bump, the baby is now 2.9 inches, and the size of a peach, and weighs .81 ounces.

Heartbeat? 164 at the doctor’s appointment on January 23.

Total weight gain/loss? This is getting harder and harder for me to measure! I had one morning where I looked to have gained 2 pounds, but then I ended up being right back where I started two mornings later. I am going to say my total weight gain from my first appointment till now is probably around 2 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I’m trying to hold out on the maternity clothes because I know I really don’t have that many items that are late winter/early spring friendly. I have one pair of jeans that I can still button that feel comfortable, and I am wearing my work pants with the button undone. Let’s hope I can hold on a bit longer!

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? I’ve been sleeping ok. There have been a couple of nights this week where I woke up 4 times to use the restroom during the night! If it weren’t for those interruptions I would be sleeping great! Also, I am still able to sleep on my belly with my weight mostly on my hip. I know when I can no longer stand to sleep on my stomach it will be a bit different.

Best moment this week? Finding out my mom was coming for a visit in 2 weeks! I can’t wait to see her and start cleaning out the room that we will convert to the baby’s room!

Movement? Not yet, I wish I had a countdown for this!

Food cravings? DONUTS!!! A new donut shop opened only 3 minutes from our house and this has been our weakness the last two Saturday mornings. Ok, ok….so maybe we also had donuts Sunday morning for breakfast! To be honest, I haven’t really been eating that healthy and I know I need to change that! I definitely ate my share of queso dip and pizza rolls while we watched the Super Bowl. I don’t think this baby much cares for the healthy stuff I use to love, because after I eat it I feel terrible!

Gender predictions? Still trying to not get our hopes up from the last doctor visit, but I guess I am still leaning towards boy.

What I miss: This week I missed volleyball! Back at the beginning of the school year B and I were “recruited” for a co-ed league. We weren’t sure when the league started, but it is now in full swing. I went to the games on Saturday and had to sit in the bleachers while my team played. It was torture to be sitting while everyone played! I really want to keep going to the games and support B, but it really was hard to sit on the sidelines!

What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to my next doctor’s appointment on February 17th, especially since my mom will be in town to go with me!

How are you feeling? I have been feeling great. I have been able to finally figure out the foods that make me feel “bad”, and I have been trying to avoid them.

Symptoms? No major symptoms. I have been having a dull cramping feeling in what I think is my uterus. I think it is probably stretching and things are adjusting. I wouldn’t say it has been painful, but it has definitely been uncomfortable. My energy level this weekend wasn’t the greatest, but I just have to remind myself I’m growing a baby!


1 comment:

  1. i understand about the food, katie-bug. when i was pregnant with mia, i couldn't eat salads, fish or hummus. even the thought of those things made we want to puke - of which i was doing enough of already! haha!

    ReplyDelete