Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6 Weeks

On of my blogger friends, Katy Link, did an excellent job of documenting her pregnancy.  I completely copied her idea and plan to do a post for each week of my pregnancy.  I am mainly doing it for a scrapbook for myself, but thought it would be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us! 

Thanks for the idea, Katy! 

December 9 - 15, 2011

 
How far along? 6 weeks
How are you measuring? At my doctor appointment yesterday, the ultrasound tech thought the embryo looked to be well over 6 weeks but not yet 7. I am going to keep it the same until my doctor officially tells me differently.

Size of baby? Baby center says it is the size of a sweet pea.

Heartbeat? The ultrasound tech detected the heartbeat, but it was still too early to really hear and get the BPM. It was so awesome seeing the heartbeat flashing in the “little bean”.

Total weight gain/loss? I have lost 6 pounds since my physical (before I was pregnant) November 18, and not from morning sickness!  I had actually started dieting the week before I found out I was pregnant. 


Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I do confess I am unbuttoning the top button on my pants after meals. It is so much more comfortable!

Stretch marks? Not yet, but I am thinking they will be inevitable. I have already purchased “stretch mark massage cream” so we will see…

Sleep? I have really had a hard time sleeping. I don’t know if it is still me getting use to the idea of being pregnant and not being able to shut off my mind, or what. Since we found out we were pregnant I have probably only had 3-4 nights of uninterrupted sleep. It isn’t even because I am in the bathroom all night…I am just waking up and can’t go back to sleep.

Best moment this week? Being able to see the ultrasound. I so wish Barrett could have been there, but it wasn’t a planned ultrasound.

Movement? Not yet.

Food cravings? No. I have had a few nights that I wanted a glass of milk, which is pretty out of the norm for me. I also like raw vegetable, but they have really been tasting good for part of my lunch!

Gender predictions? We just want a healthy baby, but of course B would love a little boy. I really don’t have any feelings yet.

What I miss: I miss not being worried about what I’m eating. I was really doing a good job before I found out I was pregnant.

What I'm looking forward to: Going back to the doctor on December 29 for another ultrasound. I am really excited about this one since Barrett will be able to go with me this time!

How are you feeling? This week has been quite the whirlwind between the doctor's appointment and getting use to the whole idea of being pregnant. :)

Symptoms? My only symptoms have been mild cramping and bloating. Just feeling a little uncomfortable but nothing major! I am hoping I can get through this first trimester without morning sickness, so we will see! Other than my mild symptoms I feel normal. I have to keep telling myself I’m pregnant!



1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome for the idea. I can't take credit for it though, because I stole it from another blog!! HA!! Can't wait to read all about that little one growing inside of you each week. Enjoy every minute of being pregnant....it's such a miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete