Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Telling Our Families

I’m not one that does a good job keeping secrets, so we didn’t wait very long to tell our families. On Monday, December 5, we decided to tell both of our immediate families the news. We decided to tell my parents first since this would be their first grandbaby! I knew that I wanted to be able to at least see my parents’ faces, so we decided to Skype them. I tried to play off to my brother why I wanted them to get on Skype, so I think I told him I was really missing everyone and wanted to see them. The first thing I asked them was if they could make a trip to West Tennessee to come see us in August. My mom just looked really confused and my dad immediately said, “Hold on let me do the math”. I know they were excited about the news, but I also know they were SUPER shocked. Soon after we told my mom, dad, and Reid, Lisa - Reid's fiance came over.  I told her the news and she just really didn't believe us.  I really don't know how many times we had to tell her we weren't joking!  The call ended with my family and I think everyone was still mainy in shock - but VERY excited!


After getting off the computer with my parents we decided to call Barrett’s family. Barrett went ahead and told his dad and we could hear him in the background while he was telling Barrett’s mom, sister, and brother in law. They were all thrilled for us and excited for grandbaby #3.


It was really fun being able to tell our families our news. I really wish we could have told our families in person, but we just had to do the best we could being far away!

It is so nice having great families who support us, love us, and already are crazy about this little one!  


No comments:

Post a Comment