Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finding Out We Were Having a Baby!

It was the weekend of December 3rd. Barrett was out of town at the Tennessee High School football state championship games. I had decided I would go ahead and get his Christmas present, and on the way home I would stop and get a pregnancy test just to relieve my mind from thinking there was a slight chance I might be pregnant.

I headed to Best Buy to pick up B's present and on the way home stopped to get something to eat and also a pregnancy test from Walgreen's. When I got home, I unloaded the Christmas present and ate my dinner. Then I remembered the test, so I went ahead and took it. The whole time I was buying the test and even while I was taking it, I just knew it wasn't going to be positive. You can imagine the disbelief on my face when that little test immediately turned +. To be honest, I just looked at it in disbelief, then I decided I would just wait until I had to go to the bathroom and take the other test (3 were in the pack). Well, a little while later, and 3 positive tests, I still didn't really believe it!

I knew I had to tell Barrett first, but he wasn't going to be home until the next afternoon.  I also knew this news wasn't something that I could tell him over the phone, so I had to sit and wait.  I ran through every reaction I though he might have (good and bad).  I don't think I slept at all that night!  I have to admit I was pretty worried about telling him since we had really thought we wanted to wait at least a couple more years before starting our family. 

Fast forward to the next day and the closer it got to him coming home the more anxious and nervous I was.  I met him at the door as soon as I heard the car pull in the drive way.  As soon as he walked in I immediately burst into tears and really couldn't even talk.  I had so many emotions going through my mind, but I was mainly worried about how he would react to the news.  I told him he needed to go look in the bathroom.  He went into our bathroom (obviously worried and not sure what was wrong).  As soon as he came out he immediately hugged me and told me everything was going to be ok.  I was so thankful for his reaction and I knew right then everything was how it was suppose to be. 

I want to share with everyone our reaction.  Please understand we are happy and excited about this wonderful gift God has given to us.  We were just not expected this little blessing this early.  We have a peace that this is definitely God's timing and His will, but I want to share with you the honesty in the moment of finding out for us. 

Thank you Lord for your precious gift! 

2 comments:

  1. I completely know how you were feeling. A surprise pregnancy is so overwhelming emotionally. You are happy, excited, scared, all at the same time. I can't imagine if I had of had to waited that long to tell Chad. I just had to wait a couple of hours and I was a nervous wreck.
    We are so excited for y'all. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a sweet husband you have!!!

    im so happy for you both!!

    ReplyDelete