Friday, January 27, 2012

11 weeks

January 17 - 23, 2012

How far along? 11 weeks

How are you measuring? 11 weeks

Size of baby? According to Baby Bump the baby is 1.6 inches; the size of a lime. The baby weighs .25 ounces.

Heartbeat? 164 at our doctor’s appointment on January 23rd.

Total weight gain/loss? 0. I put a notebook in the bathroom by my scale, and I have weighed and documented for over a week now. I am still fluctuating normal and haven’t been able to see actual weight gain.

Maternity clothes? Not yet. I am still unbuttoning my pants after meals and when I sit at my desk during the work day. I have started buying a few items online that are on clearance. I am still worried about finding pants that are long enough. Hopefully I’ll be able to wear my jeans and work pants with a Be Band for awhile when I can’t button them anymore.

Stretch marks? Not yet. Still applying lotion 1-2 times a day.

Sleep? Sleep has finally gotten better. I am still getting up about 2 times a night to use the restroom, but I am able to go back to sleep!

Best moment this week? I got a message on Thursday night. Barrett came home a couple weeks ago and surprised me with a one hour massage gift certificate! He said I had been stressed and he thought a massage might help him relax! It was so sweet, unexpected, and thoughtful! I went ahead and scheduled my massage thinking I would still be able to lay on my stomach this early on, but the therapist didn’t feel comfortable having me lay on my stomach. The massage was great and I was really relaxed! Another great moment was the doctor's appointment on the 23rd.  It was great to see the little one again during the ultrasound.

Movement? Not yet. Still really looking forward to feeling this little one inside me!

Food cravings? I wouldn’t say I’ve had any weird cravings. Again, I am always one that has “cravings” or randomly wants something special to eat. I have noticed this week how wonderful cherry tomatoes taste! I have always liked tomatoes, but they have been especially good this week!

Gender predictions? Still reminding myself 50/50 chance. I think I have more wives tale signs saying it’s a girl, but we are still holding out hope we might have a little man on our hands.  Stay tuned for the doctor's appointment post to see more information about this!

What I miss: On Saturday Barrett and I went to Starbucks and used a gift card I had received at Christmas. I miss not being worried about the amounts of caffeine in Starbucks drinks! I ended up settling for a simple hot chocolate after I looked up caffeine amounts on my phone! All my Starbuck’s favorite specialty drinks simply had too much caffeine for me to chance!

What I’m looking forward to: I’m really looking forward to finding out what we are having. In my spare time I have been browsing nursery themes and I am ready to start planning for this little one!

How are you feeling? Feeling good. I have had some nights this week where I felt really full and bloated. I have also had a few moments of pain in my lower abdomen. I really think it is all starting the growing process and it is my muscles stretching.
Symptoms? None. I have been really blessed in this pregnancy so far! Every week I think, “I am one more week closer to feeling like I’m having a baby!”

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying reading! So excited for you guys! Don't forget, you can always order decaf!

    ReplyDelete