Monday, July 2, 2012

10th Doctor's Appointment - 34 weeks

On Thursday, June 28th, I had my 10th doctor’s appointment! 
Just a side note as I write this post – I cannot believe I have been to the doctor this much!  I can honestly say this is the most I have been to the doctor in my life!  I was also talking to Barrett this week about how when I have the baby this will be the first time I have ever been in the hospital besides when I was born!  Just a little random thing I wanted to share….

Anyway, back to the appointment.  This was another in and out appointment that only took about 20 minutes.  I did the normal routine of:  checking in, urine sample, weigh in, blood pressure check, baby heart rate check, measurement of my belly, and visit with my doctor.  I have gained 3 pounds since my last doctor’s appointment, making my total weight gain 18 pounds.  My blood pressure is still really good (I can’t remember exactly what it was).  Lennox’s heart rate was 143 and was super easy for the nurse to find!  My doctor came in and measured my belly.  I am still measuring a week behind, but she is not concerned since I am gaining weight and I have been consistently measuring behind anyway.  Then my doctor talked to me a little bit about the future appointments.  My next appointment on Friday, July 13, is my 36 week appointment.  At this appointment they will begin checking my cervix for thinning and dilation.  After that appointment I will go to the doctor weekly until Lennox is born. 

I know I keep saying it in my posts, but I really can’t believe we are getting ready to have a baby.  This time has really flown by.  It seems like just yesterday we were telling everyone we were having a baby in August and it is almost here! 

I am so thankful that this pregnancy has been healthy and easy for me.  I hope that the labor and delivery are just as easy!!! J


No comments:

Post a Comment