Monday, July 23, 2012

37 Weeks

July 17 – July 23, 2012


How far along? 37 weeks

How are you measuring? Behind, but not sure how behind.  If you saw my post about my 37 week doctor’s appointment you saw where I had to have an ultrasound because I was measuring smaller than at my previous appointment.  However, he is measuring right on track!  The doctor thinks I was measuring behind due to him dropping!     

Size of baby? Based on the app on my phone the baby is 19.25 inches and 6.3 pounds – the size of swiss chard???  Based on the ultrasound I had on 7/18, he was measuring 6 pounds and 14 ounces! 


Baby Development This Week? He is considered full term this week and all of his organs should be fully developed at this point!  I have read where the next couple weeks his brain is continuing to develop. 

Heartbeat? In the mid 140’s at my doctor’s visit July 18th.

Total weight gain/loss?  I had gained 2 more pounds making my total 22 pounds! 

Maternity clothes? Yes!
 

Stretch marks? Not yet!  I am pretty amazed that I don’t have any stretch marks on my belly to this point.  It literally looks like I have a very large basketball in there!  Barrett and I crack up every night when I am putting on my pajamas at how big my belly is! 

Sleep? Oh sleep ---where do I begin for this week?  Sleep has definitely been a touch and go.  I have either slept really good or really terrible.  I can honestly say this week has been one of the most miserable in terms of pregnancy symptoms.  I am very careful to complain still because I still feel my pregnancy symptoms have been mild.   I know there were at least 3 nights during the week that I had to use the restroom 5 times during the night and early morning hours!  Also, my Braxton Hicks contractions have definitely picked up, and I am starting to feel like it is getting closer to delivery time.  I’ll talk more about that in the symptoms part!   

Best moment this week? Barrett and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this week!  Our anniversary technically was July 19, but since it fell during the week we waited until the weekend to celebrate.  On Saturday we celebrated with dinner and a movie date night.  We went to see The Dark Knight Rises and then went to eat at PF Changs – one of our favorite restaurants.  It was nice to spend a night out with my best friend.  We kept wondering if it might be one of the last date nights we are able to have for awhile!     


Movement? He is still moving!  At my doctor’s appointment the ultrasound tech was able to point at my belly and let me know what body parts I have been feeling in what area.  It is neat to be able to know now the generally position he is in and know what he is bumping me with!    

Food cravings?  Can’t say I have had any new cravings.  Bananas have been good to me again this week.  I even made banana bread with some of our bananas that were going bad over the weekend.    


Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen!  And I made sure to have the ultrasound tech confirm again that he is a boy! 

What I miss: I am missing sleep and being comfortable!  This week has really taken a toll on my body.  I can’t tell that he is really growing, but I’m just getting anxious for the end and being able to feel like myself again!      


What I'm looking forward to: Meeting this little one!  Really we have nothing else on our agenda – no weekend plans or anything.  The only thing now is have this baby!


How are you feeling? Feeling tired and trying to enjoy these last days and weeks of being pregnant.  I have heard many moms talk about how you miss the movement and the little one being inside you, so I am trying to savor every moment (even the uncomfortable ones!).       

Symptoms? My body is starting to show signs of false labor or early labor.  I say false labor because nothing has been completely consistent, but I can tell each day I am getting closer.  Thursday (7/19) I started feeling pretty rough.  I was having dull cramping and by the time I got home from work I started timing my Braxton Hicks contractions.  The contractions didn’t hurt, but were uncomfortable and very tight.  They ranged from 8 minutes apart to 15 minutes apart. By the time I got settled in bed things had calmed down.  Saturday night (really Sunday morning) I had a rough time from 3am-5pm with dull low cramping, but again it went away.  Saturday afternoon until Saturday evening the cramping was back.  I have been having different feelings, but nothing like the contractions Thursday night.  From what I read, I am probably experiencing early labor, but this stage can last days to weeks.  I just wish I knew when he was coming!!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment