Monday, July 9, 2012

35 Weeks

July 3 – July 9, 2012


How far along? 35 weeks

How are you measuring? Still think I am measuring a week behind – so 34 weeks.
 

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 18 inches and 5.25 pounds! - the size of a honeydew melon. 

Baby Development This Week? At this point, all the baby’s major organs are nearly complete!     

Heartbeat? 143 at the doctor’s appointment on June 28.

Total weight gain/loss?  I am thinking I gained 2 more pounds this week making my total weight gain 20 pounds.  I will know my weight gain for sure at my doctor’s appointment on the 13th. 

Maternity clothes? Yes!
 

Stretch marks? Not yet.  I feel like my belly is getting bigger by the day, so we will see if the no stretch mark streak continues!   

Sleep? I feel like I am back to using the restroom more during the night.  I am getting up 3 and sometimes 4 times a night to use the restroom.  I am also starting to get uncomfortable and have trouble getting into a comfortable “appropriate” position for sleep.  The most comfortable way for me to lay continues to be on my back and I am not suppose to be sleeping on my back!     

Best moment this week? Being a part of my brother’s wedding!  He and Lisa were married on July 6 and Barrett and I were in the wedding.  It was great to see them finally say “I do” and to see many close family and friends.  I am so so happy for them!  
 

Movement? Still moving a lot during the day!  Some pokes are stronger and almost hurt.  I can definitely tell when bony things are poking me, but I still cannot tell what body parts are doing the poking! 

Food cravings?  While we were in Texas for my brother’s wedding I was able to feed the snow cone craving with one of my favorites – Bahama Bucks!  We had snow cones twice while I was there and they were great!  I could also tell that little man was having a growth spurt because my appetite was ridiculous in Texas!  
 

Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen!

What I miss: I miss being able to bend down without much effort or pain!  I can also feel my belly sitting on the tops of my thighs now – which is hysterical to me. 

What I'm looking forward to: I am working on finishing up Lennox’s laundry and nursery stuff for his arrival.  I am also working on packing our hospital bag.  There are a few fun things we are going to purchase with gift cards we received at our shower, and I’m also looking forward to picking up those things.  
 

How are you feeling? I think I am at the beginning of feeling big and uncomfortable.  I am also pretty tired after our trip to Texas, but overall I still feel like I can’t complain.        

Symptoms? I have had minor heart burn with a few meals, but thankfully Tums have been able to cure the discomfort.  Other than that symptom – everything has been pretty minor.       


No comments:

Post a Comment