Sunday, July 22, 2012

12th Doctor's Appt. - 37 Weeks

12th Doctor’s Appointment – 37 Weeks

I had my 37 week appointment on Wednesday, July 18th.  Technically it wasn’t a weekly appointment since I had just been to the doctor the Friday before, but my doctor was going to be out of town Thursday and Friday. 

The morning of my appointment I thought I noticed a little more pressure at the bottom of my belly like maybe little man had “dropped”, but then I thought I might just be thinking things were changing since I am nearing my due date. 

I had gained 2 more pounds since my last appointment – making my total weight gain at this point 22 pounds.  My blood pressure was good, but was a little higher than my blood pressure had been.  The nurse and doctor were not concerned, but made the comment it was “higher for me”.  I can’t remember exactly what it was.  Lennox’s heart rate was in the 140’s – perfect.  My doctor came in to measure my belly and do the check of my cervix for any changes.  After she measured my belly she had quite the puzzled look on her face.  I didn’t get the exact measurement, but she said I “was measuring quite a bit smaller than I was on Friday at my appointment”.  I mentioned to her about feeling like the baby may have dropped and she said that could be the reason why but asked me to stay for an ultrasound so they could check everything out and make sure the baby was doing ok.  She did the check of my cervix and stated that she could tell the baby had dropped and that I was about “a finger tip dilated”.  I was pretty excited that I was correct about the baby dropping!  Then I started getting just a little nervous about the ultrasound.  I knew everything would be ok with Lennox – I had felt him moving all day long.  I immediately thought about the fact that if something weren’t right they might want to induce.  This was really the only “fear” I had in my mind that might come up.  I was also pretty excited that I would get another chance to see the little man since I wasn’t suppose to have any more ultrasounds! 

I didn’t have to wait too long for the ultrasound!  It was great to see him on the screen!  Sure enough he is head down and growing just fine!  The ultrasound tech measured different parts of his body and everything was measuring average and right on track!  She could tell he was practicing his breathing and was moving around a lot!  She also stated he was weighing in at 6 pounds 14 ounces!  I was a little shocked about this total since my due date was just under 3 weeks away.  Seems like that would be a lot of time for him to pack on the pounds and be a big baby!  It was great to see him on the screen and know that everything is going as it should!  The best part of the ultrasound was the very end when the ultrasound tech snapped a picture for me!  Look at how flexible our little man is – if you look closely you can see his profile and then his little foot and toes are right next to his nose!  That so does not look comfortable to me, but I think it is just too too cute! 

My next doctor’s appointment is Thursday, July 26th.  I am anxious to see if there are any changes that show we might be closer to meeting our little one!     


No comments:

Post a Comment