Monday, July 30, 2012

38 Weeks

July 24 – July 30, 2012

 How far along? 38 weeks

How are you measuring? Not sure about this.  If I am still pregnant next week I will find out for sure!


Size of baby? The baby is 19.75 inches and 6.8 pounds – the size of leek???  


Baby Development This Week? Brain and nervous system is really the only thing developing at this point.  He continues to gain weight.     

Heartbeat? 135 at my 38 week doctor’s appointment on July 26th.

Total weight gain/loss?  This week I had lost 3 pounds bringing my total weight gain down to 19 pounds total. 

Maternity clothes? Yes!  Still wearing some dresses and tops that are not maternity.  The dress in my picture isn’t a maternity dress. 

Stretch marks? Surprisingly no!  Hoping I can hold out the next 2 weeks!  I’m so close, it would be such a surprise to escape this pregnancy with stretch marks! J     

Sleep? Sleep still has really not changed.  I am getting up 4-5 times to use the restroom most nights.  Thankfully I have had every other night of good sleep, so that has been really nice!     


Best moment this week? Had a great weekend with Barrett.  We had absolutely no plans and it was great!  Friday night we went out to eat and came home to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Saturday we picked up the house, watched more of the Olympics, and then went out for dinner and a little shopping.  It was really nice to shop with Barrett since it really isn’t his favorite thing.  We picked up a few things we wanted for Lennox, bought Barrett some new school clothes, and even picked up new nail trimmers for Bindi!  After shopping we ate at Genghis Grill and stopped for yogurt before heading home.  I even made sure to take a picture before we left the house since I am still wondering when our last official date night before baby comes will be!  Here is a picture from our little shopping trip and date night!

Movement? Yes.  I am wondering if the movement has slowed or if I am just imagining it.  Toward the end of this week it seemed like he wasn’t making as many big movements as he had been.  He is still moving poking and pushing around in there regularly, but not with as much force.  I am hoping the reason is due to him running out of room and dropping lower.  He still gets the hiccups several times a week!  It just makes me smile!   

Food cravings?  No new cravings.  I feel like I have been hungrier this week, so he may be having another growth spurt.      

Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen! 

What I miss: I am not going to post anything I “miss” about not being pregnant this week.  I am starting to feel like once he gets here I will miss being pregnant and feeling his every movement.  Even though I might be uncomfortable and tire a lot easier, I am on the home stretch and will only be carrying this little one a short time longer.  I want to savor every moment!

What I'm looking forward to: Still looking forward to having the little guy!  I am anxious and nervous about the whole labor process – mainly because I just really don’t know what to expect.  I just wonder if I will be one of the few women who my water will break?  Will I have regular contractions and go to the hospital, or will he be so comfy in there that I will have to be induced past my due date?  There are just so many unknowns, but I am looking forward to the entire experience!


How are you feeling? Feeling good!  Again, I really can’t complain.  Every day chores and even work days wear me down, but besides lack of energy, I have been feeling great.         

Symptoms? I am still experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions and dull cramping, but I have been able to stay hydrated better this week and they haven’t been unable to manage.  Other than that – no new symptoms from last week!      

No comments:

Post a Comment