Sunday, July 15, 2012

11th Doctor's Appointment - 36 weeks!

11th Doctor’s Appointment – 36 weeks

On Friday, July 13, 2012, I had my first of my weekly doctor’s appointments at 36 weeks. 

I was a little more apprehensive about this appointment since I knew my doctor would be checking me for dilation, and I wasn’t sure what to expect.  The appointment started as all the others – check in, urine sample, weight, baby’s heart rate, my blood pressure, and the belly measurement.  I had gained 2 more pounds since my last appointment making my total weight gain 20 pounds.  My blood pressure checked out really good, but I can’t remember exactly what it was!  Little man was hilarious while the nurse was trying to get his heart rate.  He would not stop moving.  It took her at least five minutes before she was finally able to measure his heart rate at 147 BPM.  My doctor came in and measured my belly.  She said I was measuring right on track, but didn’t give me the exact measurement, so I am assuming I measured at 36cm.  After getting my belly checked it was time to check for dilation.  It was not comfortable at all, and I am sure I will be dreading my next check, but she did tell me that I was not dilated, but she could tell that the baby was head down!  Yay!  She said she was pleased with everything and things were looking great. 

I will go back to the doctor on Wednesday, July 18th for my 37 week appointment.  My doctor is going to be out of town Thursday and Friday, so I had to go on Wednesday even though it is not exactly one week from the last appointment.  Will see if I am still closed or dilated any!  Can’t believe our little man’s due date is only a little over 3 weeks away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment