Monday, July 2, 2012

34 Weeks

June 26 – July 2, 2012


How far along? 34 weeks

How are you measuring? My belly has been measuring a week behind, so I am measuring 33 weeks.

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 17.75 inches and 4.75 pounds! - the size of a cantaloupe.


Baby Development This Week? The baby’s lungs are continuing to mature.  Another interesting fact is that he is urinating about a pint a day in utero!  

Heartbeat? 143 at the doctor’s appointment on June 28.

Total weight gain/loss?  I had gained 3 more pounds since my last doctor’s visit on June 28th.  This makes my total weight gain 18 pounds so far!

Maternity clothes? Yes!

Stretch marks? My belly is really growing and stretching.  I have been lathering up with lotion every time I think about it, especially because it has started to itch!  We’ll see if the stretch marks appear – I am preparing myself that they will! 

Sleep? Sleep is still ok. I don’t know that I am resting as well as before, but I haven’t been just overly tired, so that is a plus!  One funny thing that I have really noticed is that he really hates it when I lay on my sides.  I am suppose to be sleeping on my sides and not my back due to the pressure the baby puts on your circulation when you are laying on your back.  However, Lennox just hates it when I lay on my sides!  He punches, kicks, rolls, and is not shy about making me move!  Barrett told me I start out sleeping on my sides, but during the night I will move to sleeping on my back!  I am trying to be conscientious about it, but not stress too much about sleeping on my back!

Best moment this week? I had a WONDERFUL shower with my other family (B’s family/friends) this weekend!  I really can’t believe all the baby goodies we received.  We are so humbled by the gifts and the thoughtfulness of our friends and family with the upcoming arrival of this little one.  So many people helped to make food for the shower while so many others came by and gave us really great gifts!  Sometimes saying “thank you” just doesn’t feel like enough!  We appreciate everyone so much! 
 

Movement? Still moving a ton!  I have been pretty uncomfortable with his movements this week.  I think he is letting me know he is moving out of room in there – and it doesn’t feel like he is happy about it!  

Food cravings?  I had a craving for watermelon this week!  I ate the whole thing in about 5 days all by myself – and it wasn’t a small watermelon either!!!!
 

Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen!

What I miss: The heat is really draining me, so I am missing cooler weather!  We have also done quite a bit of traveling this week and will be doing more next week.  I miss being able to ride long distances in the car without using the restroom or having to stop to exercise my restless legs!   
What I'm looking forward to: My brother is getting married this week!  I am so excited to be a part of his special day!!! 

How are you feeling? Still feeling good!  

Symptoms? Just plain HOT with the extreme temperatures this week.  No new symptoms to talk about, I’m just experiencing the same ones I have been writing about in week’s past.     


No comments:

Post a Comment