Monday, July 16, 2012

36 Weeks


July 10 – July 16, 2012


How far along? 36 weeks

How are you measuring? 36 weeks as of my doctor’s appointment 6/13. 

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 18.75 inches and 5.75 pounds! - the size of a Crenshaw melon (whatever that is!).

Baby Development This Week? The baby is continuing to gain weight!    

Heartbeat? 147 at the doctor’s appointment on July 13.

Total weight gain/loss?  20 pounds as of Friday, July 13th at the doctor. 

Maternity clothes? Yes!


Stretch marks? Not yet.  I am lotioning up every time I think about it.  Here lately my belly starts itching at random times and I try to not scratch and just apply lotion.  We’ll see if the stretch marks hold of the rest of the pregnancy!

Sleep? I am having a little bit of hard time with getting comfortable.  I have to sleep with a pillow between my legs another pillow under my belly that I hold on to and then the one under my head.  I still feel like I would be more comfortable on my back (I am not supposed to be laying flat on my back in bed) but I have tried to stick it out on my sides.  Usually the side I lay on is the side that little man finally gets settled on and will stop kicking me hard!  I am still using the restroom 4 and now sometimes 5 times a night. 


Best moment this week? Barrett had to go to a 7 on 7 football tournament in Arkansas on Thurs – Saturday, so my mother in law, sister in law, and nieces came to stay with me a couple nights so I wouldn’t be by myself!  It was so nice to have company and not be alone!  Also on Saturday I ran errands and picked up some of our last minute baby needs with gift cards we had received at our baby shower.  It was fun to shop and pick up items for our little man!        


Movement? He is still moving and poking me!  I don’t think he has enough room to really kick, but he definitely sticks his rear end out and I can feel feet or elbows (not really sure).  He is pretty active.  He doesn’t wake me up at night moving and I feel him a lot during the day.  It makes me feel like he sleeps when I sleep and is awake when I’m awake!  I know this will not be the case when he is born, but it is nice now!    

Food cravings?  I had a craving for a peanut butter and banana sandwich after someone at work mentioned having one at work.  It was pretty funny!  Since that time I have had 3 or 4!


Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen!

What I miss: Just missing the same things I have mentioned in past weeks – being able to bend down, having energy, and not having a belly in the way all the time.  I miss having abdominal muscles that make it possible to easily get in and out of bed!  Ha!  


What I'm looking forward to: Barrett and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary this week.  I am sure we will wait until this weekend to celebrate.  It is hard to believe we only have a few more weekends before we will have another little member of our family.  I hope to enjoy having my husband to myself (besides sharing him with football) these last few weeks!
J 

How are you feeling? Feeling good.  Starting to get a little nervous about labor, delivery, and postpartum, but I’m sure everything will be just fine.  People have babies every day right?        

Symptoms? My Braxton hicks contractions have picked up and move almost the entirety of my belly instead of just down low.  Other than that, I really haven’t experienced new symptoms!         

No comments:

Post a Comment