Monday, March 26, 2012

20 Weeks

March 20 – 26, 2012


How far along?  20 weeks                   


How are you measuring? 20 weeks


Size of baby? 6.5 inches and 10.6 ounces – about the size of a small cantaloupe

Baby Development this Week? This week baby boy has developed taste buds and is gulping several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.    


Heartbeat?   146 at our doctor’s appointment on March 19.


Total weight gain/loss? Based upon my doctor’s appointment on March 19, I have only gained 4 pounds.  I am thinking that I at least gained another pound this week (based on daily home weights).  Making my total weight gain 5 pounds.     


Maternity clothes? Yes.  There are still a few pair of elastic waist pants I have been able to wear to work and one pair of my jeans.  Of course, I can still wear all my t-shirts and sweat/lounge around the house clothes.  I can still wear some regular shirts, but do like the comfort of all my maternity clothes. 


Stretch marks? No

Sleep? Much better.  I still have a couple nights a week where I seem to toss and turn, but I have been sleeping better overall.     


Best moment this week? Some of my very close family friends, Emily and Todd, came and stayed a night with us.  It was so great to have girl time and girl talk with someone who is like my family!

Movement?   Yes!  Towards the last part of this week I have really noticed him moving more.  He especially likes to move after I start eating!  We laugh and say he likes food as much as we do! 

 
Food cravings? I had a craving for Pho soup and also Chipotle, but sadly, I didn’t act on the craving! 

 
Gender predictions?  We have a little man on our hands – based upon our March 19th appointment.   

 
What I miss: I am really starting to miss my figure.  I still feel fortunate when people have told me I still look little considering I’m halfway, but I am really having to get use to having this bump around my middle! 

 
What I'm looking forward to: Our babymoon to New York is quickly coming up!  I’m also starting to look forward to Easter and my birthday! 

 
How are you feeling? I’ve been feeling good.  I traveled a lot for work one day this week and by the time I got home all I could do was eat and lay on the couch all night.  I was exhausted!  Other than that, I’ve been feeling great!

 Symptoms? No real symptoms to report this week.  My complexion hasn't been the greatest, but I have always struggled with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment