Monday, March 19, 2012

19 Weeks

March 13 – 19th, 2012

 How far along?  19 weeks

How are you measuring? 19 weeks
Size of baby?  6 inches or the size of an heirloom tomato.  The baby weighs 8.5 ounces.  The ultrasound tech today told us that the baby weighed 11 ounces and that we were right on track! 
Baby Development this Week? The baby is developing a protective covering that is greasy and white over his/her skin called vernix caseosa.  The baby is now working on his/her 5 senses.  Nerve cells for sense of taste, hearing, sight, and smell are developing in his/her brain.  


Heartbeat?  146 at doctor’s appointment today (March 19, for the 20 week appointment)!!!

Total weight gain/loss? 4 pounds total!  I was worried that my doctor wouldn’t be happy, but they seemed fine with my weight gain.  I have been adding additional calories to my diet, but I’m not putting on those pounds just yet!  I know they are coming!    

Maternity clothes? Some!  I actually was able to find maternity pants and jeans at the GAP that were long enough!  I wore a pair of pants to work the next day and was so comfortable!  I also wore a pair of maternity jeans and a shirt on Friday.  I am still able to wear some of my regular clothes, but I am making the transition to maternity!

Stretch marks? Nope


Sleep?   I’ve had several rough nights this week from just tossing and turning.  I honestly think I am having a hard time getting comfortable, so I finally bought another pillow.  I didn’t want to pay the money specifically for the maternity pillows they sell now, and I was hoping to find a body pillow.  Instead, I settled for a large king size pillow.  So far I have only slept two nights with the new pillow, but I have been sleeping better.  For bathroom breaks I am waking up around 1am and 4am but I have been able to fall back asleep. 

Best moment this week? The best moment of the week was going in for our anatomy ultrasound at our 20 week appointment, seeing our baby again, and finding out we are having a boy!!!! Other great moments this week were setting the baby crib up, and enjoying having a weekend at home after being out of town the last two.   


Movement? Yes!  At the beginning of the week I wasn’t able to feel the baby consistently and there were a couple days I didn’t feel him/her at all.  Later in the week I have been feeling him/her way more consistently.  Mostly I feel movement a little while after eating or when I lay down to go to sleep.  B was able to feel the baby move for the first time this week!  It was just a slight poke but he felt him/her!  It was a neat moment, and I can’t wait for the pokes to turn more into kicks.  During our ultrasound at the doctor’s appointment our little one wouldn’t stop moving!  The tech had a really hard time getting good pictures of the heart because he was moving and grooving!   
 
Food cravings? No major cravings this week.  I think the craving for potatoes has finally subsided.  I still like potatoes, but I don’t HAVE to one like before! 
 
Gender predictions? We found out today – IT’s A BOY!!!! 
What I miss: I’m still missing the things I have written about in my others posts: sleep and being in shape.  I’m starting to miss my clothes fitting! 


What I'm looking forward to: Now that we know we are having a little boy,  I am looking forward to getting the nursery together and starting to register!  I am also really looking forward to our Babymoon to New York!   

How are you feeling? Feeling good!
 
Symptoms? My restless leg has been pretty bad a few nights this week.  Also my belly has started to ache a bit to accommodate the little one.  I also started having Braxton Hicks contractions this week.  Really no major symptoms that are unbearable!


No comments:

Post a Comment