Monday, April 2, 2012

21 Weeks

March 27 – April 2, 2012

How far along? 21 weeks

How are you measuring? 21 weeks

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 10.5 inches and 12.7 ounces - the size of a banana.

Baby Development This Week? The baby is producing meconium (the tarry black substance found in the first dirty diaper).  

Heartbeat? 146 at the doctor’s appointment on March 19th.

Total weight gain/loss?  I’m thinking I’ve gained 6-8 pounds total.  I’ll have a more accurate weight after my monthly doctor’s appointment in a couple weeks.

Maternity clothes? Still wearing one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans and a few elastic waistband dress pants.  I have been wearing some pre-pregnancy tops and sweaters. 

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? This week I slept pretty good – no complaints here!

Best moment this week? Taking our Babymoon to New York!  We left on Wednesday, March 28 and came home Sunday, April 1.  We had an amazing time!  It was great to experience New York with 3 of my favorite people in the world (B, Mom & Dad).  I’ll be blogging about our trip in the next few days!

Movement? He has definitely kicked it up this week!  I can tell he is getting stronger!  Mom and Dad were able to feel him move while we were in NY.  He seems to move the most after I eat and when I lay down at night.  While we were in NY he didn’t have much of a pattern since my schedule was off! 

Food cravings? Still not really having any cravings.  We didn’t eat healthy in NY and I have been craving fruit especially bananas and strawberries. 

Gender predictions? Still a baby boy! 

What I miss: I’m not missing much this week.  I guess I missed my old energy level while we walked around NY.  I can definitely tell that I get winded a lot easier and can’t “go” like I use to without taking breaks.

What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to spending Easter weekend with Barrett’s family and our sweet nieces.  
 

How are you feeling? Feeling good! 

Symptoms? Toward the end of this week I noticed that my belly was starting to itch – I guess that means it’s stretching! 


No comments:

Post a Comment