Monday, March 5, 2012

17 Weeks

February 28 – March 5, 2012


How far along? 17 weeks

How are you measuring? 17 weeks

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces - the size of an onion.
 

Baby Development This Week? The baby’s rubbery cartilage is turning to bone and he/she is beginning to develop some fat.  The umbilical cord is also becoming stronger and thicker.

Heartbeat? 146 at the doctor’s appointment on February 17th.

Total weight gain/loss?  .4 pounds based upon my weekly weights.  It may be better for me to update this after doctor’s appointments for more of an “accurate” calculation. 

Maternity clothes? I have been wearing some maternity shirts, but I am trying to still save wearing the pants.  Joy (one of B’s mom’s cousins) bought me a belly belt that attaches inside my pants to expand them.  Basically I can leave the pants unbuttoned and unzipped and a panel hides everything. The belt has two different sizes and right now I can use the first size.  I’m hoping this will give me several more weeks of wearing my regular pants. 

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? At the beginning of this week I was sleeping a lot better!  I only woke up once to use the restroom!  However, later in the week I have really been tossing and turning.  I can still somewhat sleep on my belly, but I do sometimes sleep on my back.  All the material I am reading says I no longer need to sleep on my back because the pressure from my uterus cuts of circulation to my lower back and legs.  I  woke up a couple times during the night the last few nights on my back!  I think now knowing I shouldn’t sleep on my back is making it hard for me to get comfortable.  I may invest in a maternity pillow soon – I just can’t decide what kind to buy.  

Best moment this week? Going on a date with my hubby!  We went to our first Memphis Grizzlies game on Wednesday night.  It was actually a benefit for my work, but it just so happened they were playing the Dallas Mavericks!  We went to eat and then headed to the game.  Check out the blog post here. 

 Movement? YES!!! I felt the baby move for the first time on Friday, March 2!  We were driving to B’s parent’s house for the weekend and had been in the car about an hour and a half.  It was 6:30pm and I was getting pretty hungry and tired of being in the car.  I felt a little “poke” and told Barrett that I thought I felt the baby move, but I wished it would do it again so I would know for sure.  Sure enough, about a minute or two later I felt 2 more “pokes”.  I can honestly say that is the first time I for sure knew it was the baby.  I didn’t feel it anymore that night, but Sunday when we were driving home I felt it again.  Then on Sunday after dinner I felt him/her more.  I am excited to start feeling this little one more and more, and really can’t wait for Barrett to be able to feel it! 

Food cravings? Still loving potatoes and sweets. 

Gender predictions? We find out in less than two weeks and I can’t stand it! 

What I miss: I finally started a normal walking routine this week, and I can’t believe how out of shape I feel!  After walking close to 1.5 miles I feel exhausted!  I am hoping to build up my walking distance more and more each week, but I have never just walked and felt winded.  I guess I miss being in good enough shape to just go out and run – now I feel tired just walking!  

What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to our next doctor’s appointment on March 19, and looking forward to our Babymoon at the end of March to New York!

 How are you feeling? Still feeling good!  I hope this pregnancy continues to be this easy!

Symptoms? The only symptom I have noticed this week is heightened sense of smell.  I have been smelling things that others around me have hardly noticed and when they can smell what I’m smelling it is usually TERRIBLE to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment