Monday, March 12, 2012

18 Weeks

March 6 – March 12, 2012



How far along? 18 weeks

How are you measuring? 18 weeks

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 5.6 inches and 6.7 ounces - the size of a sweet potato.
Baby Development This Week? The baby is now able to yawn, hiccup, suck and swallow in the womb.  The baby is also able to kick, roll, punch and twist. 
 Heartbeat? 146 at the doctor’s appointment on February 17th.

Total weight gain/loss?  Still thinking maybe 2 pounds based on my daily weights. I will have a more accurate total after my doctor’s appointment next week. 

Maternity clothes? Still wearing 2 pairs of my regular jeans and my regular pants to work.  Thankfully using the belly belt has saved me from switching to only maternity pants!
Stretch marks? No

Sleep? I can’t complain too much about sleep.  I still get up 1-2 times to use the restroom, but I have been able to go back to sleep.  The time change of “springing forward” has messed my body up a little bit, and I hate waking up in the morning when it is still dark outside!
Best moment this week? Going to Nashville for a quick night stay.  Saturday we drove to Nashville and went to eat with B’s brother, his girlfriend, his girlfriend’s brother, and one of B’s friends Kristopher.  After eating we went to the Nashville Predator’s hockey game and stayed the night at a hotel.  It was a nice quick get-a-way.  I am mad at myself because I didn’t take any pictures! 
 Movement? Still feeling a few pokes here and there.  I have felt the baby move the most consistently after I eat lunch and sit at my desk at work.  Still just feeling little pokes, but it has to be the baby!
Food cravings? No crazy cravings, but I really wanted an ice cream cone after the hockey game on Saturday night, so B and I walked to Mike’s Ice Cream on the strip downtown in Nashville.   
Gender predictions? We find out in less than a week, and we are SO ready! B and most everyone in the family seems to be leaning towards boy, but I still haven’t had my heart set on either one! 

What I miss: I’m starting to miss my somewhat flat stomach.  Here lately I have started to notice how my belly is starting to get in my way!  I’m not very big, but lifting my feet to tie my shoes and little things like that are starting to feel a little uncomfortable. 
What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to our doctor’s appointment Monday, March 19, still looking forward to our trip to New York.
 How are you feeling? I’m still feeling great!
Symptoms? I had my first ever in my life nose bleed on Sunday morning.  I have read that when you are pregnant the capillaries in your nose expand and sometimes cause congestion or dryness and sometimes nosebleeds.  Also, I have been experiencing “restless leg syndrome”.  I have always experienced this when I’ve been walking a lot or sitting for a long time, but it seems I have this more now that I’m pregnant.  Other than that – I really haven’t had any other symptoms.


No comments:

Post a Comment