Monday, February 27, 2012

16 Weeks

February 21 – February 27, 2012

How far along? 16 weeks

How are you measuring? 16 weeks

Size of baby? Baby E is 4.6 inches, 3.5 ounces, and the size of an avocado.


 Baby Development This Week? The baby can now hear my voice due to tiny bones forming in his/her ears.  Also he/she is growing hair, eyelashes and eyebrows.  He/she tongue is also forming taste buds!

Heartbeat? 146 at the doctor’s appointment on February 17.

Total weight gain/loss? Still 0 based upon my daily weights this week.   

Maternity clothes? I’m still trying to make it in my work pants and some regular shirts.  Although I haven’t gained any weight, my belly is definitely poking out.  I can still partially zip my work pants, so I am trying to wear long shirts and my belly band. 

Stretch marks? No, and I am doing a daily inspection! 

Sleep? I would say sleep has gotten better.  I have been pretty tired this week and caught myself falling asleep during some of my favorite shows!  Still waking up to use the restroom at least 1-2 times, but I guess my body is getting use to it.  Or, maybe I am just getting use to lack of sleep…one of the two!

Best moment this week? Having a weekend at home with no plans!  It was nice to stay around our area over the weekend.  I was able to clean the house and just be lazy!  
 

Movement? I’m really not sure.  I MAY have felt the baby when mom visited last week, but it felt a little like gas bubbles.  This week I was laying in bed Saturday morning getting motivated to get breakfast and felt three possible kicks.  They weren’t hard kicks, so I am still trying to decide what is baby and what is my stomach and normal rumblings!  I am ready to definitely know the baby has kicked me!   

Food cravings? I’m still craving potatoes and ice cream.  The ice cream really isn’t an abnormal craving for me.  

Gender predictions? I think this week I am back to leaning towards girl.  I just don’t want to get my hopes up for a boy and then be disappointed.  I know no matter what this baby is we will love him/her!  

What I miss: I have really missed running this week.  I know I could have run if I would have continued my running, but I was too slack when I found out I was pregnant and didn’t want to overdo it.  B has started dieting and exercising again, and I miss being able to run with my running partner!   Also, B is playing on a co-ed volleyball league and it is so hard sitting watching him play!

What I'm looking forward to: I am still going CRAZY waiting for our gender ultrasound on March 19th.  I am also looking forward to putting the crib together in the baby’s room!
 

How are you feeling? Still feeling good.  I feel like I don’t have as much energy, but I am hoping by starting to regularly walk again I can build it up.     

Symptoms? I have been feeling a little achy and bloating in my belly.  I have read this is round ligament pain from my uterus stretching.  I have also had itchy/dry eyes lately and I thought it was because I changed my mascara.  I learned this week that dry/itchy eyes are actually a pregnancy symptom!  Basically anything that is out of the norm for me I have been “blaming” on pregnancy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment