Monday, February 20, 2012

4th Doctor's Appointment


On Friday, February 17, 2012, I had my fourth doctor’s appointment!  I didn’t sleep very well at all the night before; because I was SO excited my mom was with me for this appointment!  I knew they weren’t going to do an ultrasound or anything, but I knew they would try to find the heartbeat on the Doppler.  I was so excited for MeMe to be able to hear her first grandchild’s heartbeat! 
My appointment was at 8:40am, so mom and I got ready, made coffee and breakfast, and headed to the doctor!  My doctor’s office is right across from the Women’s Pavilion at the hospital, so I was able to show mom where I would be delivering.  The appointment was pretty standard.  I had to give a urine specimen and do the weigh in.  I was really anxious to see my weight gain at the doctor because keeping track of it at home has been so confusing.  One day I’m up a pound or 2, the next day I’m down.  Well, I am happy to report that I have officially not gained any weight!  I know the days of saying that are very few now, but it feels good to know that I have stayed on track the first 15 weeks at least! It is hard for me to believe I haven’t gained any weight, because I feel larger than I ever have! 
After weighing, my doctor came in and asked the standard questions.  I haven’t had any complications lately, and I very thankful about that.  After talking a few moments she took the Doppler out and started trying to find the heartbeat.  I was a little anxious, because I wanted to hear Baby E’s heartbeat and I know my face showed major concentration with me trying to hear it!  It took her less than 15 seconds, and BOOM – there it was!  Our little one’s heartbeat measure at 146!  I think MeMe was pretty excited!  
After hearing the heartbeat we scheduled my “big ultrasound”.  We will officially find out if Baby E is a boy or girl (if he/she cooperates) on Monday, March 19th at 3pm!  I have already started counting down and can’t wait to find out for sure what this little one will be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment