Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Weeks

February 7 – February 13, 2012



How far along? 14 weeks

How are you measuring? 14 weeks

Size of baby? Baby E is 3.4 inches, 1.5 ounces, and the size of a lemon.

Heartbeat? 164 at the doctor’s appointment on January 23.

Total weight gain/loss? Looking back on the week I have gained a total of 1.6 pounds. It’s really hard to tell my weight loss or gain due to how much my weight fluctuates anyway!

Maternity clothes? I wore a maternity dress this week to work. To be honest, I didn’t really have to wear it, but it was a cute winter looking dress my parents bought and mailed to me. The day before I wore the dress I was really uncomfortable after lunch in my dress pants, so I went ahead and busted out the maternity dress the next day for comfort!

Just a little side note about maternity wear – it looks like I will be in them sooner than later. I tried on several pair of my jeans and only 3 pair will actually still zip. I’m wearing my dress pants to work still with the button unbuttoned and shirts covering the top. I actually had a few people during the week comment about my “bump”. Even though I know you can’t tell by looking yet that I’m pregnant, my belly has definitely grown this week. Use to I would go to bed with a pooch and when I woke up it had gone down. This week was the first week the pooch didn’t go down! Looks like our baby is definitely growing in there!

Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? I had a few nights this week where I only had to go to the restroom 1 or 2 times, so I thought that was a great night’s sleep! I still seem to toss and turn a little more, and I really can’t remember the last time I slept through the night uninterrupted.

Best moment this week? Definitely getting to see B’s family over the weekend. We hadn’t seen them since Christmas, and it was so great to spend time with everyone!

Also, I went to my first consignment sale with Deb and Paula. We picked up a few maternity clothes items and a changing table for the baby’s room! I guess things are slowly becoming more real that soon we will have a little one!

Movement? Not yet.

Food cravings? I have been craving potatoes!!!! Mostly baked potatoes, but I am happy with anything potatoes. B’s grandmother made fried potatoes for Sunday dinner after church and I don’t know that I have ever been that happy about food!

Gender predictions? I guess we are leaning towards a boy, but I will not be convinced until our anatomy scan ultrasound at 19-20 weeks.

What I miss: This week I have missed riding in a car or sitting for long periods of time without feeling “pressure”. I know my posture is to blame and I need to work on sitting up straight, but it feels like I am already running out of room…I still have a LONG way to go!

What I'm looking forward to: There are so many things I looking forward to this next week. My mom is coming for a visit! We have lots of things on our agenda when she comes! She will be able to go to my doctor’s appointment with me, and I hope we are able to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. After my appointment she is coming to work with me and I am taking her to lunch in Memphis. Saturday and Sunday we are planning on spending time shopping for a crib and cleaning out the baby room! I am so ready for quality time with my mom!

I am definitely looking forward to the doctor’s appointment and hearing the heartbeat! The most exciting thing about the doctor’s appointment on my mind is scheduling the date we will find out boy or girl (our next appointment)!

How are you feeling? Overall I can’t complain. I still have a “stretching and pulling” feeling in my lower belly, but I realize this is normal. I really have to be careful eating large meals because they make me feel so full and uncomfortable. I always felt like I might be getting a UTI this week, so I have been pushing the fluids and cranberry juice.

Symptoms? None really besides a bigger belly this week and frequent trips to the restroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment