Monday, February 20, 2012

Mom's Visit!


I was so thankful Mom was able to come in town for a long weekend!  Of course I missed my other family members, but it was so great to have her here!  

She flew into Memphis on Thursday evening, and I picked her up after I got off work.  We ate at Chili’s and headed to our house for the night.  Friday morning we headed to my doctor’s appointment.  It was awesome being able to share hearing the heart beat with mom.  If you missed reading about my doctor’s appointment, click here.  After leaving the doctor, we headed to my work.  Mom volunteered at the office and helped do some clerical things we haven’t been able to do.  It was nice to have her there helping.  Friday for lunch, I was able to take her to one of my favorite lunch spots, The Trolley Stop. 


After eating lunch, I headed back to the office for the afternoon, and mom went shopping around Memphis.  It was really hard being at work while mom was out having fun without me!  Friday night we went to eat at Post Office Barbecue with B.  I let him pick where we were eating since he didn’t go out to eat with us Thursday night, and he wanted ribs.  
Saturday was our big shopping day!  As soon as we got up mom and I headed to get doughnuts.  After breakfast and getting ready we headed out.  We started our adventure around 11am.  Our stops included: the mall, lunch at Olive Garden, Babies R Us, Michaels, Old Navy, and 2 different Targets.  We found the baby crib I really wanted at Target, but they didn’t have it in stock so we ended up driving to another store to pick it up. Here is a picture of the crib we picked out:
I really felt so accomplished after finding the crib since that was one of the two things I really wanted to accomplish while Mom was here.  After the last Target stop we were exhausted, and we headed home.  Barrett had stayed home on Saturday and was so kind to cook us a great dinner of grilled chicken, green beans, baked potatoes, and macaroni and cheese.  We just lounged around Saturday night. 
Sunday morning Barrett wasn’t feeling well, so Mom and I headed to church at Crosspointe.  I was excited Mom would be able to see where we have been going to church.  The music and message were great!  After church we ate at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened over the last couple weeks.  I really really miss my Tex Mex and the Mexican food in TN just doesn’t cut it!  Mom and I split fajitas and then ran a couple errands – including a trip to Lowe’s to get paint to paint the changing table to match the baby’s new crib!  After our errands we headed home and started our projects of cleaning out the guest room that will be the baby’s room.  I needed mom and B’s help to get some of the things from the room to the attic.  Being pregnant and not being able to lift and help had me going CRAZY while we were doing this project! 

We were able to get some of the things from the guest room cleaned out but my plan for our guest bed didn’t work out.  I was hoping we could store it in the attic and easily get it down when we needed additional room for company, but our attic entrance was too small.  We are going to give it away or end up trashing it (we have had it for a long time).  I was a little disappointed we weren’t able to totally clean out the room, but we did get a lot accomplished and I have plenty of time to keep working on the room!  Mom was quite the trooper and painted the changing table to match the crib we picked out!  We were able to get it finished and it has been officially moved into the baby room.  Here is a picture of the changing table before...

And after...

Sunday night mom made a great soup.  She just threw things in the pan and it was delicious!  We just hung out again on Sunday night. 

Monday morning we made a quick Starbucks run on the way to the airport.  It was so awesome having mom here, but it was pretty terrible taking her to airport and telling her bye.  I miss my family so much and sometimes I think I miss them more right after they leave.  I wouldn’t change anything about my relationship with my family and am so thankful that God allowed me to have such great parents and siblings!
Thankfully I won’t have to go too terribly long before seeing them again.  We are going on our “Babymoon” with Mom and Dad to New York in March!  I can’t wait!!!
Thanks Mom for a great weekend!  I love you and am thankful you are my best friend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment