Friday, June 1, 2012

8th Doctor's Appointment - 30 weeks

Today was my 30 week doctor’s appointment!  I really cannot believe I am already 30 weeks!  Only 10 more weeks until little man’s due date!  It was a normal appointment of giving a urine sample, being weighed, and seeing the doctor for little man’s heart rate and getting my belly measurement. 
I had gained 3 pounds since my last appointment 3 weeks ago, making my total weight gain for pregnancy 13 pounds.  I was pretty happy with the weight gain since the last appointment I had actually lost a pound! 
The nurse took my vitals.  My blood pressure was 110/69 and Lennox’s heart rate was 139 – both sounding healthy and normal!  My doctor quickly came in the exam room and asked about who we would be going with for a pediatrician.  Barrett and I had already talked and researched this since our last appointment, so I was proud to have an answer!  Our pediatrician will have an on call doctor who will see Lennox when he is born in the hospital.  After the doctor and I talked it was time for the belly measurement.  You may remember from the last two appointments that my belly had been measuring a week behind my due date.  Today my belly only measured 27cm which is 3 weeks behind.  (Note – your belly should measure about the same cm as how many weeks you are).  She asked me if I had time to stay for an ultrasound so that they could check and make sure the baby was growing properly and that everything looked ok with the placenta.  I was a little worried, but wasn’t going to panic. 
I didn’t have to wait for the ultrasound for very long at all.  I had the same ultrasound tech that did our anatomy scan and another ultrasound I had, so I was familiar with her.  She started the ultrasound and I was completely amazed with how much he had grown since the 20 week ultrasound!  To be honest, about 80% of the time she was checking things I had no idea what we were looking at!  She looked at his heart, head, legs, stomach and tummy area, and his spine (from what I could tell).  It was such a relief to hear her say that everything looked normal!  He is already head down, which could change, but for now he is in a good position.  His heart looked good and was just beating away!  When she measured his leg bones she told me that he had really long leg bones and I have to say, I wasn’t surprised at all!  She also told me that he didn’t have any hair on his head and he weighed 3 pounds 11 ounces and was in the 58th percentile (average).  I was so happy to have a good report! 
I have “graduated” from going to the doctor every three weeks, to now I have to go every 2 weeks.  My next appointment is Thursday, June 14th.   Toward the end of the pregnancy they will see me every week.  I really can’t believe how fast this whole process is going!  I will be a mommy before too long! 


No comments:

Post a Comment