Monday, May 28, 2012

Lennox's Room!

I was so excited to have Mom and Dad helping us with the nursery! 

The work started on Saturday...Everyone went shopping to hunt items that I knew we needed.  We started working on the nursery Saturday night and were able to get a lot accomplished.  On Sunday we resumed working on the nursery and basically finished everything.  I have one wall that is still bare and waiting for decorations.  Also, I am going to need little things for the little white shelves!  I feel so accomplished and am very thankful the room is basically done so I can relax the rest of the pregnancy.  There are only a few things that we have to have in case he were to arrive early, but other than that - we are ready for him!  I am excited for two showers we have scheduled this month by sweet friends and family to help us stock his room and closet! 

 
This is the view from the doorway to the room!  I love the glider that Nana gave us!  Mom was able to paint it to match the other nursery furniture and it really looks awesome! 

The white shelves to the left of the curtains were old shelves we had not used when we moved in.  Mom had the awesome idea to paint polka dots to match the bedding to add a little something to them! 





I debated and debated on the letters for his bed.  I had picked a few decoration ideas off Pinterest and ended up going pretty traditional using all the same style letters.  The little blue things on the end of the "L" and the "X" are tiny elephants! 




This is the wall that still needs decoration!  This was the changing table mom had painted when she came to visit us in January.  I bought the baskets from Hobby Lobby and we hung the extra valance that came with the bedding on the bottom shelf.  I thought the changing table really ended up being cute - especially since it was just one that we redid. 




Besides the letters above his bed, this is my favorite part of the nursery, and I guess that is a great thing!  I love the glider and the little bedside table.  I know I will be spending a lot of time in that chair, and I can't wait! :)



I am so thankful Mom and Dad came to help! Sweet memories were made as we worked on Lennox's room! He is already one loved little man and he isn't even here yet!

1 comment:

  1. soooooooo, cute, katie! isn't it surreal? the nursery is adorable! christmas is going to be CRAZY this year! i can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete