Monday, June 11, 2012

31 Weeks

June 5 – June 11, 2012


How far along? 31 weeks

How are you measuring? 28 weeks based on my belly measurement at my last doctor’s appointment.  I have a feeling my belly has grown since my last doctor’s appointment, but I won’t know the official measurement until Thursday.  

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 16.25 inches and 3.3 pounds! - the size of four naval oranges.

Baby Development This Week? The baby is continuing to have major brain and nerve development.  His irises can now react to light.  All 5 of his senses are now in working order!!!

Heartbeat? 139 at the doctor’s appointment on June 1.

Total weight gain/loss?  I had gained 13 pounds at my last doctor’s appointment, and I believe I gained another pound this week – so I’m thinking total 14 pounds.  I will know for sure on Thursday!   


Maternity clothes? Yes!

Stretch marks? No signs yet!

Sleep? Overall, my sleep is ok.  I had a couple nights last week where I tossed and turned a little bit, but I am still not going to complain about it because I know it could be much worse! 

Best moment this week? I had a couple GREAT moments this week!  Friday my work threw me my first baby shower!  Some of my sweet co-workers and awesome volunteers attended.  Lennox received some pretty neat things and my co-workers gave us money to purchase our infant travel system!  On Saturday, Barrett and I attended a “From Pregnancy to Parenthood” class at the hospital where I will be delivering.  I am going to try and blog about the class in a separate post! 

Movement? Still moving a ton!  I love seeing Barrett face light up and him laugh when Lennox “punches” and kicks me.  Sometimes it really isn’t comfortable, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Food cravings?  Sweets – especially yogurt and snow cones! 

Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen!

What I miss: I am a big snuggler – B and I both are.  Here lately my belly is just too big for us to snuggle! 

What I'm looking forward to: The next few weekends are jam packed with fun things that I am looking forward to.  This weekend I am headed to Texas for a wedding celebration for my cousin and a bachelorette party for my future sister in law.  It is actually my last weekend that the airlines will allow me to fly, so I am taking advantage!    

 How are you feeling? Feeling good – just big!   

Symptoms? My newest pregnancy system has been a little back pain.  Again, nothing major, but towards the end of the day my back starts hurting some.  I am still having restless leg and bathroom problems every now and then, but everything is very manageable.   


No comments:

Post a Comment