Monday, June 4, 2012

30 Weeks

May 29 – June 4, 2012

 How far along? 30 weeks

How are you measuring? 27 weeks based on my belly measurement at my doctor’s appointment on June 1.  My belly is measuring 3 weeks behind, but Lennox is measuring right on track!   

Size of baby? The baby is measuring  inches and 3.11 pounds! – The weight is the actual weight the ultrasound tech told me during the ultrasound I had while at the doctor.  He is roughly the size of a cabbage.   


Baby Development This Week? His skin is getting smoother, and his brain is getting more  wrinkled to make way for essential brain tissue.  He is also strong enough this week to grasp a finger. 

 Heartbeat? 139 at the doctor’s appointment on June 1st.

Total weight gain/loss?  My official weight gain at the doctor’s office June 1 was 13 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight.  This means I gained 3 pounds since my last appointment 3 weeks ago!  Whoo hoo for weight gain!     
  
Maternity clothes? Yes – with some regular dresses.

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep? I have been really lucky because sleep has been pretty easy so far.  I am wondering when I will start the tossing and turning that I hear occurs later in the 3rd trimester, but for now I’m enjoying my sleep!   


Best moment this week? We had a fun/lazy weekend that included a couple’s shower for some of our friends getting married later this month.  I am really savoring every moment I have with B while it is still just the two of us! 

Movement? Yes!  He moves so much now! B has really enjoyed watching him “punch” my pretty hard when we are laying in bed.  I love seeing how shocked B is with how stronger his little boy is getting!

Food cravings?  Still craving snow cones!  I think we had 4 snow cones this week alone!  I’m so glad B likes them as much as I do!

Gender predictions? Baby Boy Lennox!

What I miss: I haven’t missed anything in particular this week. 


What I'm looking forward to: We are attending our all day child birth class this weekend.  I am excited to learn about the whole birthing process among other things.  I am also excited to experience it with B!

How are you feeling? I have felt so much better this week!  Sometimes I get the “I feel huge” feeling and other times I look at my belly and think “I really don’t look THAT big”.  Haha – pregnancy is too funny!

Symptoms: I have noticed I have been much more out of breath at different times this week.  It is weird because I don’t have to be walking when it hits me – I can just be standing and talking and I feel like I’ve been jogging!  I am still a little bit more tired than in past months, but that could also be attributed to the fact that we seem to stay up later at night now that B is out of school for the summer.     

No comments:

Post a Comment