Monday, June 11, 2012

From Pregnancy to Parenthood Class

From Pregnancy to Parenthood Class

Saturday, June 9, Barrett and I attended a “From Pregnancy to Parenthood” class at the hospital where I will be delivering.  The class was all day – 8:15 – 4:30.  We really didn’t know what to expect with the class.  I know that I was more excited about going to the class than Barrett was, but he was such a trooper and didn’t complaint about it!  I was shocked that there were so many couples in our class – 12 total!  Everyone was married and expecting their first child!  Another thing that was interesting is that about 9 of the 12 couples were 31 weeks pregnant!  The morning started out with discussing a few things about pregnancy and moved into everything labor and delivery.  Before we took a lunch break we took a tour of the labor and delivery unit where I will be having Lennox!  I have to say that was my favorite part of the class.  It was great seeing the hospital and feeling comfortable with the decision I made.  Barrett and I went to eat at Chipotle and it was so yummy!  When we made it back to the class we learned about care after the baby, caring for the baby at home, and finally breastfeeding!  B was also able to change his first ever diaper!  Overall we really enjoyed the class and learned a lot.  I think it was truly a great experience for us to go through together.   We joked all the way home that we thought we were “certified” now to be parents!  We even received a certificate that we completed the class to make it official! J 




No comments:

Post a Comment