Monday, May 7, 2012

26 Weeks

May 1 – May 7, 2012

How far along? 26 weeks

How are you measuring? 25 weeks (this is from my doctor’s appointment on April 19th when my belly was measuring a week behind, I’m just carrying it over)

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 14. inches and 1.75 pounds! - the size of a cucumber

Baby Development This Week? The baby’s eyes are forming and soon they will open!  He also has eyelashes!  He is getting his immune system ready by soaking up my antibodies.  He is taking breaths (of amniotic fluid not air) practicing for his debut!  

Heartbeat? 145 at the doctor’s appointment on April 19th.

Total weight gain/loss?  It looks like I gained 2 more pounds this week, so my best guess is 13-14 pounds total.  I will know for sure on Thursday at my doctor’s appointment. 

Maternity clothes? Yes.  I bought a couple long dresses this week that were not maternity but I bought a size bigger for my growing belly.  
 

Stretch marks? No, but they may be coming soon.  I am still lotioning up and trying to do everything I can on my end to help them stay away, but I realize there is only so much I can do and a lot is genetic.  My belly is definitely growing, so I’m trying to think realistically and not have a meltdown if/when they appear!

Sleep? Sleep is going pretty good.  I am trying to enjoy this phase because I hear sleep in the third trimester is pretty rough! 

Best moment this week? Best moment this week was celebrating my niece’s 4th birthday!  I can’t believe Aubrey is 4!  I also started my registry at Target with the help of my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.  They helped me so much, and I am thankful they helped me out!  
 

Movement? It seems like he has on and off days.  Sometimes I go almost 24 hours before I am sure that I feel him.  After I feel him he seems to have a REALLY active day and then goes back to being low key with hardly any movements.  I know that this next week some of my readings talk about counting fetal kicks and that you should feel the baby kick 10 times.  I know that he kicks 10 times when he has a kicking session, but he likes to go long times before starting those kicking sessions.  I have been worried a couple times, but I haven’t been so worried to call my doctor. 

Food cravings?  No major cravings this week.  I have had a few nights where I wanted a snow cone, but sadly I didn’t get it.  I am missing the TC Shaved Ice snow cones from home (Texas)!

Gender predictions? Baby Boy!

What I miss: I can’t think of anything I am missing this week!

What I'm looking forward to: Things are really gearing up the next few weeks with exciting things!  My parents are visiting at the end of this month and we have friend’s baby showers and other events to attend on the weekends.  Lots to look forward to!
 

How are you feeling? Feeling good!  

Symptoms? I experienced the “pregnancy brain” that I have often heard people talk about.  I accidentally made a scheduling error at work – which I NEVER do!  I am totally blaming that on pregnancy brain! Ha! Other than that, no other major symptoms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment