Monday, May 14, 2012

27 Weeks

May 8 – May 14, 2012


How far along? 27 weeks

How are you measuring? 26 weeks based on my belly measurement at the doctor’s this week. 

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 14.5 inches and 2 pounds! - the size of a head of cauliflower.


Baby Development This Week? The baby is continuing to practice inhaling and exhaling.  Officially this week the baby is showing brain activity!

Heartbeat? 136 at the doctor’s appointment on May 10th.
Total weight gain/loss?  Based on my doctor’s appointment on May 10th I have gained a total of 10 pounds.  Based on my personal weekly weights I gained .2 pounds this week (so not even a pound).  I am guessing little man will have a growth spurt here before too long in the weight department, but the doctor says my belly is growing so things look good.    

Maternity clothes? Yes.  I am really loving dresses (even though I feel like they do make me look bigger than I actually am).  They are so comfortable! 


Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep? No complaints in the sleep department.  Still getting up to use the restroom 2-3 times a night, but it has just gotten to be routine!


Best moment this week? Going to the doctor and getting a good report!  Also over the weekend I FINALLY cleaned out the baby’s room, including the closet!  I hope the “nesting” phase is beginning so I will have motivation to get things more ready for when little man arrives!  B and I were able to go on a dinner and movie date on Saturday night, and I know soon we won’t be able to do things like that as easy!
 

Movement? I feel like I’ve felt him more this week.  I wish I could tell what position he is in by his movement, but so far I can’t tell.  I know one night this week he had to have his feet near my bladder – it was constant kicking (or punching) down low. 

Food cravings?  Still not having major cravings. 


Gender predictions? Baby Boy

What I miss: This weekend I missed my pre-pregnancy energy level.  By the time I worked all day in the house on Saturday I was totally worn out and very sore.  I really probably over-did it.  It took basically all day Sunday for me to recover! 

What I'm looking forward to: This coming weekend we have a graduation at Lewis County to attend on Friday, Saturday we are spending the day with B’s family, and Sunday we have a baby shower for some of our friends!  
 

How are you feeling? I felt a little run down and out over the weekend, but other than that I have been feeling good.    

Symptoms? I had a little restless leg this week along with more minor bathroom problems (sorry for too much information, but I am keeping all these updates as a journal for myself).  My stomach had been having a weird/aching/cramping feeling for a couple days, but I really think it is just everything still stretching to give little man more room.


1 comment:

  1. Your weird/aching/cramping feeling in your belly could be braxton hicks contractions. I started getting them around 25 weeks. It is like a tight feeling at the top of your belly and then it goes away. You belly even kind of balls up into a weird shape and then it relaxes.

    ReplyDelete