Monday, May 28, 2012

29 Weeks!

May 22 – May 28, 2012


How far along? 29 weeks

How are you measuring? 28 weeks based on my belly measurement at my May 10th appointment. 

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 15.25 inches and 2.5 pounds! - the size of a butternut squash.
Baby Development This Week? The baby is growing white fat deposits under his skin making him have energy surges.  His bone marrow is producing red blood cells.  His toe nails and fingernails are now developed.   

Heartbeat? 136 at the doctor’s appointment on May 10th.

Total weight gain/loss?  I’m thinking I may have gained a pound this week making my total weight gain 12-13 pounds.  I go to the doctor Friday, so I should have a more accurate weight.     

Maternity clothes? Yes – all the way!


Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep? Sleeping pretty good.  My back feels uncomfortable if I lay too long in certain positions, but I have been able to sleep pretty well! 


Best moment this week? Working on and almost completing his nursery with Mom and Dad!  I was so happy they were able to come visit us over the holiday weekend and help us with the nursery!  Dad is a master at hanging things on the wall and other projects.  Mom is really creative and had great ideas for making his nursery so cute!    


Movement? Yes, he is still moving quite a bit.  I have actually been able to feel little body parts through my belly!      

Food cravings?  I was finally able to get my snow cone this week!  While mom was here we went for a snow cone and the next day B and I went to get one!  I have a feeling now that I know the hours of the snow cone stand in our town we will be getting snow cones most of the summer!      


Gender predictions? Baby Boy – LENNOX ALLEN EARNEST!


What I miss: Still wishing that my energy level was normal.  I am also missing the milder weather of spring.  It has been pretty hot and made me pretty uncomfortable. 


What I'm looking forward to: We have a few fun things planned over the next couple weekends.  I am also happy that B is finished with school.  Sad for me that I’m not a teacher and don’t get a summer break, but B loves summer. 


How are you feeling? I had a few days this week where I felt pretty terrible.  I had to travel to Nashville for a training conference for work, and the trip really seemed to wear me out.  I also figured out that one particular prenatal vitamin really upsets my stomach (I had run out of the other kind) and I had started taking it during the trip.  Once I changed back to the other kind I felt so much better.    

Symptoms? I am feeling a little more tired this week.  I don’t know if it is third trimester or heat or a combination of both, but I feel way more exhausted just walking across the parking lot to go into a store makes me tired!   


No comments:

Post a Comment