Monday, May 21, 2012

28 Weeks

May 15 – May 21, 2012

How far along? 28 weeks

How are you measuring? 27 weeks based on my belly measurement at my last doctor’s appointment. 

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 14.8 inches and 2.25 pounds! - the size of a Chinese cabbage.


Baby Development This Week? The baby is developing a more regular sleep schedule in 20-30 minute intervals and developing more fat.  The baby update also says that his lungs are most likely mature enough that he’d probably survive if he was born now! 

 Heartbeat? 136 at the doctor’s appointment on May 10th.

Total weight gain/loss?  Based on my weekly start and ending weight I gained about .2 pounds this week.  I’m not counting this as accurate because I had a couple days within the week where I looked to have gained a pound.  I’m thinking total weight gain is around 12 pounds.   

Maternity clothes? Yes – still wearing maternity clothes and some regular dresses and flowy tops

Stretch marks? Not yet.  I definitely feel like my belly area is expanding so they may be on the way!

Sleep? Still sleeping fine. 


Best moment this week? We had a good time seeing some of our old friends at Lewis County’s graduation.  We also had a baby shower to attend on Sunday for some of our friends expecting their first baby boy in June.  It was surreal seeing all the baby stuff and attending a shower knowing that would be us soon!


Movement? He has definitely picked up the movement this week.  I don’t know if it is because he is getting bigger and stronger, or what, but I feel like I feel every movement now.  I can feel him rolling and kicking and punching and poking.  I haven’t been able to tell what body part I’m feeling, but he is definitely moving and grooving!  Barrett has been able to feel him a couple of times that even made him say, “wow”!  I think he likes feeling my belly more now that he is kicking stronger!    

Food cravings?  Still craving a snow cone.  I tried to get a snow cone all week without success!  Either the snow cone stands are closed or we can’t even find one!  I’m doing really good to contain the craving, but the first opportunity I have to get a snow cone I’m getting a BIG one!    


Gender predictions? Baby Boy!


What I miss: One slightly humorous thing I miss is being able to sit up and get out of bed without a lot of effort.  It is amazing how much the body uses its core and ab muscles in so many little “everyday” things!  I also miss being able to ride in the car without my legs getting tired.  Anything over 1.5 hours in the car and I need to stretch out a little while.    


What I'm looking forward to: Mom and Dad are coming in town this weekend to help us begin decorating the nursery!  I can’t wait!  They are bringing the small crib that we will use in our room when little man gets here, and a glider my grandmother is giving to us for the baby. 


How are you feeling? Still feeling great. 

Symptoms? I still have rounds of restless leg every now and then, but nothing major.  I have also had 1-2 rounds of heartburn and I can really tell I am getting short of breath quicker!  Other than those minor symptoms I am having an easy time!


No comments:

Post a Comment