Monday, April 30, 2012

25 Weeks

April 24 – April 30, 2012


 How far along? 25 weeks

How are you measuring? 24 weeks ( I should have showed that last week I technically measured 23 weeks based upon my doctor appointment and my belly size…oops!)

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 13.5 inches and 1.5 pounds! - the size of a rutabaga (I don’t even know what this is, but it sounds big!).

Baby Development This Week? The baby now has a sense of equilibrium and knows which way is up and down.  I have definitely noticed this because when I change positions during the night sometimes I can feel him moving.  I am starting to tell which side he doesn’t like me laying on!  The baby’s brainwave patterns are beginning to develop which helps the baby to remember things like voices!

Heartbeat? 145 at the doctor’s appointment on April 19th.

Total weight gain/loss?  Based on my weight last week and this week ,I didn’t show any more weight gain on the scale.  Looks like I’m still at my total weight gain being 11 pounds.       

Maternity clothes? Yes, and the maternity clothes are fitting better, which means little man is growing!


Stretch marks? No

Sleep? I had a normal week of sleep, but a great weekend of sleep.  I actually slept in over the weekend which is out of the norm for me!  It was really nice!  Still waking up to use the restroom, but I am use to it now.      

Best moment this week? This week was really low key, and there really wasn’t a “stand out” moment.  B and I had another weekend at home and really didn’t do much.  It was nice.  I know we will look back and be envious of the weekends at home once the summer months roll around. 


Movement? You may remember last week me talking about how his movement had slowed down...I am happy to report he has kicked it back up in there!  I guess starting Friday I really started feeling him move, and he didn’t stop all weekend.  Even B was amazed at seeing his movement.  At one point my entire belly did “the wave”.  He must have slept when I was sleeping because Saturday and Sunday I felt him almost all day, especially around meal times.         

Food cravings?  I think I made up for the lack of food cravings in past weeks...  This week I craved a chocolate shake, greasy unhealthy Captain D’s fish, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and fruit roll ups.  I am counting all of these things as cravings because they are not normally things that I like.  I love ice cream, but don’t usually want chocolate chip cookie dough! 


Gender predictions? Baby Boy!


What I miss: I am still having a hard time adjusting to having a large belly.  I miss being able to sleep in any position I want to (especially my stomach and back), and I miss being able to hug and snuggle with B without my belly getting in the way.  I realize these are just “little things” that won’t matter when the little one gets here, but it is all an adjustment.    


What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to getting in gear to work on the baby’s room.  I really have been slacking in this area, but maybe the “nesting” phase will kick in soon! 


How are you feeling? Feeling good!

Symptoms? I had a little trouble this week in the bathroom department.  Sorry to provide too much information, but I want to remember even these things!  I changed pre-natal vitamins and I think that is what caused it.  I have increased my fiber and water intake, so hopefully there won’t be any more problems!    


No comments:

Post a Comment