Monday, April 23, 2012

24 Weeks

April 17 – April 23, 2012

How far along? 24 weeks

How are you measuring? 24 weeks

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 12.5 inches and 1.25 pounds! - the size of an ear of corn.
 

Baby Development This Week? The baby’s skin is becoming more opaque with a new pink glow due to capillaries that have recently formed.  The baby’s nostrils are also beginning to open this week so he can begin to take “practice breaths” even though he is in amniotic fluid. 

Heartbeat? 145 at the doctor’s appointment on April 19th.

Total weight gain/loss?  Looks like my best guess last week was accurate!  I have gained a total of 11 pounds so far according to my doctor’s visit on April 19th.

Maternity clothes? Yes, but I am starting to get a little frustrated.  I am in between sizes in some of my maternity clothes.  One of my favorite pairs of maternity jeans is now really too tight and my others are so loose that they sag in my rear end.  Work clothes are still pretty good – I can still wear some of my pre-pregnancy tops! 
 

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? This week sleep has been ok, but towards the end of the week my back has been getting sore.  It is pretty stressful trying to sleep on only my sides, but I don’t want to complaint too much yet! I know as I get bigger sleep will be even more challenging.  

Best moment this week? B and I were finally able to have a relaxing weekend at home.  I’m not complaining about all the traveling we have done in weekends past, but it is nice to sit at home!  Saturday we cleaned the house a little.  Then we headed out to get B measured for a tux for Reid and Lisa’s wedding, buy a crib mattress, and begin registering for baby items!  We finished the night with a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse!  On Sunday we didn’t do anything!!! We slept in and I read a book all day.  It was so nice to sleep in and stay in my pj’s all day!
 

Movement? Maybe it’s my imagination, but I don’t think he is moving as much as he has in weeks past.  It may be that I have gotten use to the movements, but I don’t think he is kicking or punching me as hard.  He still doesn’t have a pattern, so some nights he moves a lot when I go to bed and other nights he doesn’t.  I am really thinking he will be a lot like his daddy – laid back and easy going!

Food cravings?  Sadly, I have no food cravings to report. I didn’t eat as healthy as I had been this week, so I am going to work harder this week to get back to eating right. 

Gender predictions? Baby Boy!

What I miss: I can’t really think of any major things that I have missed this week (besides those things I have already wrote about).  One little think that I missed this week was being able to order my steak medium.  Again, not a big deal. 

What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to another laid back weekend this weekend.  I am really trying to get more serious about cleaning and organizing the baby’s room. 
 

How are you feeling? Feeling good!  

Symptoms? My back has been hurting a little bit, and I still have a heightened sense of smell.  It cracks me up when I smell things that B is oblivious to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment