Monday, April 16, 2012

23 Weeks

April 10 – April 16, 2012


How far along? 23 weeks

How are you measuring? 23 weeks

Size of baby? The baby is measuring 11.5 inches and 1.1 pounds! - the size of a large mango.
 

Baby Development This Week? The baby is forming little nipples, and his face is fully formed now (except for the fat to fill it out).  The baby is now able to listen to my voice and my heartbeat.  He can even hear loud sounds like Bindi barking or car horns!   

Heartbeat? 146 at the doctor’s appointment on March 19th.

Total weight gain/loss?  My best guess is about 11 pounds total. I will know for sure at my doctor’s appointment on Thursday, April 19th. 


Maternity clothes? Yes and loving them!  I am still able to wear a few of my dresses and a few tops that have room in the belly area.  I am only wearing maternity pants now (besides sweat pants and elastic waist shorts). 

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? I have been sleeping pretty good.  I still have to get up and use the restroom, but this has develop a sort of pattern.  I usually have to wake up at 12:30am, 3:30am, and 6:30am to use the restroom.  The 6:30am bathroom break usually gives me the extra incentive I need to get out of bed in the mornings! 

Best moment this week? Spending my birthday weekend at home.  It was a VERY quick trip and the main purpose was to surprise my future sis-in-law, Lisa, at her first wedding shower on Saturday.  I was able to squeeze in a visit with my grandparents and go to a movie with my brother.  It was a very fast/packed trip, but it was great!  My dad made a special breakfast brunch for me on my birthday and then I flew home Sunday evening!  
 

Movement? Still moving a lot without a true regular pattern.  I have figured out that if I have any type of drink with caffeine he usually goes crazy!  I am thinking it is because I really have avoided caffeine this whole pregnancy, but every now and then I will give in to a glass of sweet tea.  On Saturday night I gave in and had a Coke Icee while Reid and I went to the movie.  He didn’t stop moving the ENTIRE movie!  I am blaming the Coke Icee for the constant movement, but that was the first movie our little man has been in so it was probably pretty loud and strange sounds that also kept him up!  Our sweet boy also had his first case of the hiccups that I was able to tell.  It was pretty strange but there was a definite pattern to his movement that made everyone think he was experiencing hiccups.  It was awesome to have my brother, Lisa, and my grandparents feel our little one move for the first time.     

Food cravings?  No real cravings this week.  Well, I did want Chipotle while I was home with my parents, but I have always LOVED Chipotle even before being pregnant.   


Gender predictions? Baby Boy!

What I miss: I am thinking I may miss shorts this summer.  I just don’t have confidence like I use to with my growing pregnant belly to wear the clothes I use to.  My legs have changed a little (at least to me anyway) and have lost some of their muscle tone.  It really makes me not want to wear shorts.  Not to mention, my legs are blindingly white! Ha!

What I'm looking forward to: My doctor’s appointment on Thursday.  I am not getting an ultrasound, but it is always awesome to hear the baby’s heart beat and find out how we are doing!  
 

How are you feeling? Feeling great!  

Symptoms? It seems I have had a few aches and pains in my back this week.  It hasn’t been a consistent type of pain.  I have had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions, but only a small number during the week and they do not last long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment