Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oktoberfest

This past weekend was Oktoberfest in Hohenwald! I remember Oktoberfest last year, but didn't really have a chance to see what it was all about. Basically, it is a festival with arts, crafts, live bands, great food, and miles of yard sales. Last year I went yard saling, but this year I checked out the arts, crafts, and food! This is a picture I took walking up to the arts/crafts fair. You can see the little white tents in the distance!


The best thing about Oktoberfest is the food...in particular the apple fritters! They are AWESOME! The best way to describe them is, they are a dough nut type things filled with apple slivers fried. To finish them off, they are rolled in a ton of confectioners sugar and served warm! All I can say is absolute heaven...hence my face in the following picture!


Looks like I will have to wait until next year to enjoy another bag of apple fritters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment