Wednesday, September 12, 2012

39 weeks

July 31 – August 6



How far along? 39 weeks


How are you measuring? 37 weeks due to baby dropping more to the bottom of my pelvis.  

Size of baby? He is 20 inches and 7.25 pounds – the size of a mini watermelon

Baby development this week? He is still building fat and sloughing off the outer layers of skin.  

Heartbeat? 146 at my 39th week appointment on 8/2.

Total weight gain/loss? My total weight gain is back to 22 pounds since my 38th week appointment.  

Maternity clothes? Yes.  Still wearing some dresses and larger t-shirts that are not maternity.  

Sleep? Still having good and bad nights, although this week I would say there were more good nights.  I actually had a couple nights were I only had to get up once during the night to use the restroom!  

Best moment this week? Best moment this week was my parents coming in town.  They went ahead and drove so they could be here for sure for little man’s arrival.  I hate that they might be playing the waiting game while I am still continuing to work, but it is nice to know they will for sure be here for his birth!  
Movement? Still moving around!  Still mainly pokes and jabs due to not having tons of room, but I still feel him a lot throughout the day.  

Food cravings? No new major cravings.  

Gender predictions? Baby Boy – Lennox Allen

What I miss?  I am missing the scheduling part of my life!  It is so hard not knowing when this baby could get here.  We for sure have an induction date of 8/15/12, but there is still a good chance he will come on his own.  I am such a planner that this whole pregnancy and labor thing has been good and bad for my “planning personality”.  

What I’m looking forward to? Giving birth to my baby boy. Well, to be honest, I am pretty scared about the whole labor/birthing process, but I am SO ready for him to get here!  

How are you feeling? Still feeling good!  It really is hard to believe that I feel this good and am so close to the end of this pregnancy.  I feel SUPER blessed by an easy pregnancy!  

Symptoms? Still having contractions every now and then and I can tell they are picking up a little in intensity.  They are not regular, but I do seem to have more in the evening when I get home from work.  I’m staying very hydrated during the day and that has really helped me.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment