Wednesday, September 12, 2012

15th Doctor's Appt - 40 Weeks

40 Week Doctor's Appt 

On Monday I went for my 40th week appointment.  This appointment was only 4 days after my last appointment because the doctor wanted to see me back due to the elevated blood pressure reading I had at my 39th week appointment.  
I was happy that my mom and dad were in town and able to go to the doctor with me.  My weight was down 2 pounds making my total pregnancy weight gain 20 pounds.  I was happy that my blood pressure was in the normal level too!  Lennox’s heart rate was 136.  
There really hadn’t been much of a change since my last appointment.  My belly was measuring ½ cm smaller than my appointment on Thursday, but the doctor said he believed Lennox had dropped lower.  My cervix is still only dilatedbetween 1-2 and I forgot to ask how thinned, but last appointment it was only 50%.
We are still going with the plan we put in place last week.  I will go back to the doctor on Friday for a measurement ultrasound and to check and make sure my fluid levels and placenta are still looking ok.  Basically, it will be my pre-induction doctor’s appointment, because I will be induced at 6am on Wednesday, August 15th if I don’t go on my own.  The doctor told me that he really feels I will probably go on my own before the 15th, but he couldn’t guarantee it.  I am REALLY hoping I am able to go on my own and sooner rather than later!  Come on Lennox!!! We want to meet you! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment