Saturday, August 14, 2010

Feeling Crafty

I have been trying to get in the "crafty spirit" lately.
One of my friends from work let me have an old lamp,
and I was so excited to transform it!
I started by spray painting the base of the lamp.
My cousin, Cristan, blogged about this paint here,
and I was excited to try it in my project!
2 coats later!

The next step was to apply the fabric to the old lamp shade.
You simply hot glue the top and the bottom.

The next step was adding a little more detail to the top and bottom of the lamp.
And finally tassels for the bottom. :)

And "ta - da"! I still haven't decided on the perfect spot for the lamp, but I was very pleased with my first attempt at this little project!
I just love transforming things!

Stay tuned for another blog about lamp transformation!
I bought the material to make a houndstooth lamp for our Alabama room!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, It turned out AWESOME!!! I LOVE it! :D Good job, Cuz! :D

    ReplyDelete