Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Break From Unpacking

My family was so awesome to come help us move over July 4 weekend. We didn't have a lot of "fun time" because so much of it was spent organizing and settling our house. Well, maybe I should rephrase it to "free time" because we have fun no matter what we are doing! :)

Sunday we headed to Memphis to the world famous Peabody Hotel to catch the Peabody ducks make their great entrance to the fountain. If you have never been to the Peabody, I highly recommend it! The hotel is beautiful and the architecture is breathtaking! Here is a picture of everyone waiting on the ducks to march!



Here is a picture of a beautiful chandelier in one of the many ballrooms.

Two of the most important ladies in my life! I'm so glad Nana came!



Here's a video I shot while the ducks marched. You can't see them walking the red carpet, but if you look closely at the entrance of the fountain you will see them walk/jump on in!

(Don't mind my voice! I was disappointed when everyone who was supposed to be sitting down stood up and blocked every one's view!)




From our "perch" where we watching the ducks!


After leaving the Peabody we walked around downtown. Here is a picture of Autozone Park. It is right across the street from The Peabody Hotel and the Doubletree.

I love this picture of us in front of the Hard Rock!


We ended up eating at Blues City Cafe and it was DELICIOUS! Check out my half rack ribs meal. I was so stuffed after eating this, but it was so yummy!



After everyone ate, we headed back to the house. We ended up making stop at Walmart on the way home to pick up a few items for the house. Trust me, we made too many trips to Walmart while my parents visited!!!


I'm sure there will be plenty of posts about Memphis in the future while Barrett and I get accustomed to our new home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment