Friday, February 4, 2011

5th Quarter

One of the local churches in our area sponsored a 5th quarter last Saturday after one of the basketball games. Barrett and I stopped by to spend some time with the students. The students ate, played games, and just had a good time of fellowship. I thought it was such a great idea since there really isn't anywhere for them to "hang out" in town after the games.
The picture above shows me and B with our "king and queen of 5th quarter" gear. The students voted by round of applause who should win, and we did! Ha! The glasses and hat were hilarious!
The group played several games. One of the games I had never played before and it was quite interesting! There was a line of boys and a line of girls. Everyone had a toothpick that they had to keep in their mouth. The first person in line was given a life saver and had to transport the life saver from their toothpick to the person in line behind them. It was a really funny game. Check out the pictures below...




Barrett and I had a great time stopping by the 5th quarter. I hope they continue to offer things like this for the students in the community!



No comments:

Post a Comment