Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cruise Day 5 - Grand Turk

Thursday, was our day at Grand Turk! The picture above was our view to the right while getting off the boat. The picture below was our view to the left. Let me tell you, nothing excited me more than beach chairs to relax in! I was so excited to head to the beach with the fam and stake our claim to "our spot".
This particular port in Grand Turk was overtaken by our cruise line! We had another Carnival ship who docked at the same time we did. Here's a picture of both ships at port.




We made it to our beach chairs! Here is a picture of Reid enjoying the sand and sun with Dad's hat on!


My little brother!


Reid, Mom and me


Reid, me and Dad


My legs, the sand, the water, and our ship...



Ahhh relaxation at its finest!





With my honey on the beach at Grand Turk!



After spending a little over an hour on the beach, we headed to find our excursion group. We had decided to try power snorkeling! This is a picture of the view of the beach from the hut where we go our snorkel gear and snorkeled.


Another view! So peaceful!


Power snorkeling was SO MUCH FUN! You basically hold on to a 35 pound motor that is weightless in the water. The best part is, it does all the work for you! We only snorkeled for about an hour, but we were still pretty exhausted!



After our power snorkel excursion, we headed back to the main area around the port to shop. Grand Turk is also home to one of the locations of the infamous Margaritaville. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but Margaritaville actually had two pools and two bar areas that were really neat! While Reid, Mom and I shopped, Dad and Barrett went to check out Margaritaville!



After our day at Grand Turk we headed back to the ship. We hadn't really had anything to eat for lunch, so we hit up the pizza bar and the burger/hot dog buffet. After eating Mom and I went and spent some time looking at pictures and also shopped in the gift shops on the ship.


Before we headed to our room to get ready for dinner we were able to catch the beautiful sunset!



Dinner was our second formal night. Barrett and I had this picture made by one of the photographers on the ship. Doesn't my husband look so handsome?!?

Here are the picture of us at the dinner table:


Mom, Reid and Dad




B and Me


When we went back to our room after dinner we had this towel animal on our bed. I am guessing it is a rabbit?


After changing into a more comfortable pair of shoes, we headed to the Disco for dancing! Here's a picture of me, Mom, and Reid enjoying the music at the disco!


I LOVE this picture of my parents!!


We didn't close the disco down, but we came pretty close!


What a fun day in Grand Turk!


No comments:

Post a Comment